Join the Unwind Brighton Design Competition!
This competition is to find a fabulous pattern to publish in the Unwind Brighton programme. Unwind is about celebrating inspiration and bringing people together who love fibre arts. The design competition does both – We invite you to submit your inspiration to the fibre art community for the chance to be published in the Unwind Brighton programme and have your sample displayed at Unwind Brighton 2014.
· The design can be for anything at all, as long as it is knitted or crocheted.
· The design must be your own work and an original design, not previously published.
· Individuals may submit up to 3 entries.
· The pattern can be in any yarn of any weight, but please consider that the design will be published in July 2014 and therefore it is useful to consider: Would I want to knit this in the summer? Would I want to wear this in summer / early autumn? Also, it is useful to bear in mind that Unwind visitors may wish to purchase yarn for the pattern in the marketplace.
· Submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23th May 2014.
· Publishing the pattern in any form before July 2014 will result in disqualification.
Submissions should include:
· A complete, written knitting or crochet pattern, including any charts needed, and a glossary of terms.
· At least two photographs of the project.
· Details of yarn used and estimated yardage requirements for all sizes
6-8 designs will be shortlisted for a public vote. Shortlisted entrants will be notified by 24th May 2014. On the 26th May shortlisted designers will be asked to add their patterns to Ravelry’s database.
A public vote will begin at midnight on 26th May 2014 and will run until midnight on 31st May 2014. The winning pattern will be the one with the most votes. A third party application will be used for voting. The winner will be announced on Saturday 1st June 2014. There is a cash prize of £200 for the winning entry.
Patterns should be ready to publish / print by 13th June 2014.
The original sample of the winning entry will be displayed in the Unwind Brighton marketplace. Samples will be returned to the designers by the 31st August 2014.
For more information please download the rules & information sheet and to enter please download the entry form.
Happy Knitting! We can't wait to see what you come up with!